Terms – Licensing
Hock a Car 4 Cash a licenced pawnbroker & second-hand dealer (Lic. 2PS504381) registered to operate within the state of NSW.
Australian pawnbroker services are exempt from the Federal Government Credit Act 2009, but maybe covered by other provisions of the ASIC 2001 Act.
Pawning an Asset for Loan
As a pawnbroker lender, our loan approval process is somewhat different compared to the banking / finance industry.
- Borrowers do not require loan approval; loans are not assessed on credit worthiness.
- Loans are advanced based on the value of goods pawned as security.
- There is no checking of borrowers’ credit history.
Terms & Conditions
As per legislation contracts are set at three months, however, ultimately you decide the term. More Importantly monthly repayments are not necessary. Furthermore, loan may be repaid any time or extended without penalty.
Note; Generally, loan is repaid in full when asset is reclaimed.
- Contracts are set at 3 Months with option to extend as listed*.
- *Loans exceeding three months will be charged a safekeeping fee.
- Borrowers only repay for the term borrowed.
Repayments monthly or when asset is collected, borrowers’ choice.
Rate & Fees
Minimum and maximum monthly percentage rate based on the loan terms selected: Minimum 5% APR to Maximum 20% APR subject to goods value. Minimum loan contract your choice and maximum loan contract 3 months or more if extended. E.g., $200 amount borrowed for term of 62 to 90 days repayment will be $40 per month for 3 months totalling to $120.
Maximum annual percentage rate based on the loan* term selected: 48%*
Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates.
Should you require to extend term or pay loan earlier contact our service staff.